Friday 7 February 2014

The New Year Project: Overcoming Obstacles

What are the possible obstacles to your resolutions? How will you overcome them?

Day 2 of Toni's New Year Project

Resolutions are defined as a firm decision to do, or not to do something. 
So, basically, the key to achieving them is determination. 

If I allow myself to give in to the negative emotions and focus on all the stuff that isn't going right, I will never move forward. And I will stay stuck in a place that is not good. I can’t expect every day to be a walk in the park, but I can choose to deal with each emotion as they occur, making sure not to let it take over my mind. 

I read an article in the Oprah Magazine, dated a while back, about embracing transformation or changes that you are going through. The article is called Growing Wings: The Power of Change. Martha Beck is a life coach that Oprah Winfrey has described as "One of the smartest women I know." Click here for her blog.

In this article, she compared this metamorphosis to the one that a caterpillar goes through when transforming into a butterfly. I love this article because it explains the different phases and what to expect when going through it. In her article, she also includes helpful mantras to help you remain positive. 

I will remind myself of this every day. The only way I can change is to by giving myself a chance and accepting that it will not happen overnight. 



Another way to overcome blocks, will be to let people closest to me help me stay accountable. I have my mentor that will guide me in making a decision about future plans and a possible career. She made me promise her that I will not allow myself to settle for anything that does not make me happy. We have arranged regular skype sessions at the end of each month, to which I am looking forward :) 


Please feel free to comment below. 
Check out the tab above, The New Year Project, for the complete list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment