Friday 17 January 2014

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind" PART 2

Thanks to Mary at Secret Obsession Blog, I was inspired to start this challenge as well.

The original post is by Marc Chernoff at Marc and Angel Hack Life. Check out their blog for the full list of questions.

I think that this is a great way to broaden one's mind and think about things that don't naturally occur to us. Some of these questions are a bit abstract, and it is up to you how to interpret them. I had some fun answering this first set, and I'm happy to share them with you.

<<<< PART 1



If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

I don’t believe that I would do anything differently. I’d still decide to study medicine.

But I would be seriously considering marriage and starting a family now. Although I’m not really sure how much choice I’d have in the matter.

Maybe I’d be a lot more outgoing and start living my life instead of waiting to get everything in order first. I think that I’d be more straight forward and time would be much more valuable; every second wasted would be sorely missed. I wouldn’t be sitting around in my room, bored, on such a beautiful summer’s day. Sigh.

How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?

We all have different values and priorities in life.
No two people are ever truly the same.
Some people love winter and snow and rain.
Others love the summer, sunshine and the beach.
Some people prefer to live simple lives, others prefer glamour.
It depends on our personalities and the desires in our heart.

“Different strokes for different folks!”

What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?

One thing that I really want to do is travel the world. I want to experience life in different places and appreciate different cultures of the world in their truest form.

Right now, the things holding me back would be a lack of finances and my studies that have taken over my life. Also, I'm slightly afraid to go venturing off in to the unknown all by myself…

Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

Yes.

I’m holding on to things from my past - failure, disappointment, and the person that I used to be. I still struggle to understand why.
I also hold on to relationships that are best left alone.
I hold on to this idea of what a perfect life should be like.

What are you most grateful for?

I am grateful that I am truly and deeply loved, and that I have experienced love for others.

I have a family that has supported me through all of the challenges I have faced. We may not always get along, and we have our fair share of problems, but we have never given up on each other.

My friends have added so much joy to my life over the past years. We have shared great memories that I will cherish forever.

Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?

This is a tough one. If I am completely honest, there are a few memories that I would really LOVE to get rid of... like those embarrassing moments that make me just cringe thinking about… But I also have some great and epic memories that I would never want to forget.

On the other hand, the thought of never making any new ones is very daunting. If I can’t make any new memories, I think that I would get stuck living in the past; reliving moments that brought me most joy.

Losing all my old memories, would give me a completely blank slate. I would have no other choice but to move forward and experience life all over again and start making new ones.

Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?

I think that it is possible – but it depends on the source of the information. If you completely trust someone, or if the source is accredited, then there would be no reason to challenge it.

However, I think that you also have to trust your gut and if something just doesn’t feel right, then it is important for you to dig a little deeper.

Has your greatest fear ever come true?

No. My greatest fear would be to lose my family. And I thank God, every second of every day that this has not happened.

Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?

Yes. Almost every day has been feeling the same; especially when I’m stuck on campus just going to class every day, with not very much to look forward to. I felt this way too often last year.

But now it’s time to change. I want to be able to look back at this year and be proud that I have accomplished my goals, and experienced life differently.

Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?

No, those things don’t matter to me. I would never trade in time that I could spend exploring the wonders of this world. Love and true joy can never be bought.

***
>>>> Part 3
Feel free to let me know what you think!
Also, check out the links above.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment