Monday 10 September 2012

My mother gives the best hugs


I am back at home for a mini holiday! Finally a chance to just breathe and take a break, FAR away from campus. It is always good coming back home to my family. I miss them so much when I am away. Even though I’ve gotten better at living away from home this past year, I still get really home sick. So now I can stock up on love and big bear hugs from my mother and rest before I go back for the final stretch of this year.

It feels like the beginning of this year happened a lifetime ago, but I guess, in a way, it was. So many things have happened since then. And I am very eager to get this over with! I need to put 2nd year behind me, once and for all...

The only downside to being home right now is that everyone else is still busy at school and varsity! So there is not much going on around these parts.  And things haven’t really changed financially for us. Money is still a bit tight, and I can see how stressed my mother is about everything.

But besides all that, I am doing well. God continues to provide for us every single day. We have so much to be grateful for. I am blessed in a million ways, and I believe that things are still going to get better.  

There are a few things that I need to reflect about this week, from my meetings with my mentor. Our discussions have led to me realising many different things about myself and about my insecurities. And now, that some of them have been highlighted for me, I really want to change a few things, especially the way I think about myself.  

But more about that to come! I hope that anyone stumbling across this post is having a good day/night. Keep well J

No comments:

Post a Comment