Tuesday 4 September 2012

In the dead of the night

In the dead of the night,
when the moon is high and the stars shine bright,
what plagues your mind?
Is it peaceful thoughts?
Or confrontations and unanswered questions ringing out loud?

For me, all these emotions start to appear.
Fears and anxieties buried deep down
Come to the surface and fight for control.
They keep me awake.
Until the darkest hour, there is no escape.
My mind is not mine alone.

All these voices,
They tell me different things -
All my insecurities and greatest concerns are exposed before me.
I feel ashamed, disappointed and worthless.

But I know that it is not all my fault.
Some things are beyond my reach.
I cannot change what was, but I can change what may be.
I can choose to fight to regain the power that has vanished within me.

So, I still my mind and take a deep breath in and slowly let it out.
Nothing is lost that can be found once again. ©
-N.M-

No comments:

Post a Comment