Sunday 1 July 2012

"Take this new life and embrace it"

So, I'm back at varsity again. All unpacked and settled into my room. Books and everything ready for the beginning of a new semester.

It was really quite a mission getting back. I was soo stressed before I got on to the bus - almost to the point of breaking. I started crying when I said goodbye to my mother. I think all the chaos of the last few weeks had finally taken its toll. I was worrying about having to carry all my luggage alone and about not having my phone with me. But I think the main reason was because this time, I'm not going back home for a few months. I'm on my own again and probably won't see my mother for some time. I really do hate leaving her.

This semester is definitely not going to be easy. But I need to take each day as it comes. I read an amazing post on one of my favourite blogs. The writer was asked how to adapt quickly to being in a new country and how to deal with missing family and friends and the way life used to be. Her response really put a few things into perspective.

What stood out for me was: "you’ve gotta come to grips with the truth; the reason why you left, the possibility and potential that awaits you every morning."

The reason I left home, was to study medicine and to become a doctor. It's not going to happen over night but this is exactly where I want to be.

And even though it's already been one hell of a journey, it's not going to get any easier. But nonetheless, I'm going to CHOOSE to stay and fight. To NOT give up. I want this. I believe that it is my destiny and that this is God's plan for my life.

It's time to stop beating around the bush and accept that I AM A MEDICAL STUDENT. I'm ready to open up to all the new opportunites and possibilities that are yet to come. It's time to start climbing up my mountain again. This time, with renewed energy, hope, faith and confidence.

"Take this new life and embrace it, treat everything as a blessing, even the bad, especially the bad - how else would we grow stronger and learn a lesson, and feel, really feel to the depths of our souls, that we’re alive? "
RISK EVERYTHING FEAR NOTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment