Saturday 16 June 2012

Someone deceased you wish you could talk to


Dear Mish,

I still think of you. I think of the life that you have lost. So suddenly. So unexpectedly. I know that it has been a few years already, but I wish that you were still around. Would you have respected me and been proud of the person that I have become?

I will never forget that day, March 17th 2006. We were so close, yet so far, and far too late. 

You were almost like the big brother I never had. I remember that time when you stayed with us for a few months. You were so confident - so sure of yourself; almost to a fault. I know that we argued a lot, but I think it was mostly because of our stubborn personalities that tended to clash. You may not have known this, but I looked up to you.

I wish that I could have gotten to know you better. Maybe things would have turned out differently for both of us. I know that you had a difficult life growing up. But you were so close to becoming the independent young man that you were working so hard towards. We were all so proud.

Your family still needs you. You’re mother still mourns you. Their lives have never been the same. I don’t think there is a day that goes by that doesn’t hurt just a little – even though they are doing the best that they can.

Sometimes life isn’t fair. Things happen that cannot be explained. But we just have to trust in God’s reasoning. He knows what is best. I pray that your soul is at peace.

I wish that I had gotten the chance to tell you this sooner, but I love you cuz. I will always remember that cocky smile of yours. The one that made all the girls’ hearts melt...

You will always be in my heart
                   Rainbow




No comments:

Post a Comment