Friday 22 June 2012

Looking back

For some reason I can't help thinking that it will almost be a full year since I've been in a relationship. It seems as if so many things have happened in this one year. I've had my heart broken... My academics went from not the greatest to completely hopeless and I ended up failing my year... I realised that not everyone is what they seem and that people (or guys more specifically) can lie to you sometimes. {- excuse my mini pity party..} 


But at the same time, I know that I am not the same girl that I was a year ago. In the last year I have found the courage to; end an already dying relationship, to go out and meet all sorts of different people and to make new friends. I’ve been realising so many things about myself and noticed aspects that I’d like to change.  


Now I don't want to be one of those girls that is still hung up on her ex (while he has happily moved on and is dating someone else). I won't complain that little memories still pop into my mind, or that the slightest thing sometimes reminds me of him… No! I want to be the girl that accepts that a 2 year relationship takes time to get over and to heal completely; and that doesn't rush into anything too soon. I want to be the girl that grows stronger and more independent learning from all her mistakes and awkward moments. That is who I want to be. I might stumble along the way, but that's ok, because every time I fall, I’ll just get back up, dust my knees off and keep going. 





No comments:

Post a Comment